Saturday, July 3, 2010

Give up the Soda Pop

I was just at the store and watching what people were buying in preparation for the fourth of July. I almost got sick when I saw people buying case of soda pop. I was reminded how so many people who are trying to lose weight say to me "but I drink diet soda." My question to them is why? What is the nutrient value of soda pop - zilch, zero, none, nada. It doesn't matter whether it's diet or regular. What you're getting is either sugar or chemicals that taste like sugar, carbonated water which leaches the calcium out of your bones setting you up for osteoporosis later in life, more than a healthy dose of caffeine depending upon what brand you are drinking and oh yes, you get that other chemical artificial flavor!

Why or why would you put that stuff into your body?? The other thing that dieters may not be aware of is that diet soda can actually increase your appetite, so that you eat more. Go back to the basics - water, it's good for you!

No comments: