Sunday, April 4, 2010

Little Things That Can Imporve Heart Health #10

The last little thing to help protect your heart health is to take a moment each day to acknowledge all of the blessings in your life. This will help you tap into positive feelings and emotions. Positive feelings and emotions have been shown to be linked with better health, not just better heart health, living longer and a great sense of well-being.

When you are feeling angry, worried or hostile, these are things that can increase blood pressure and contribute to heart disease. So even if you get angry or you are worried, take a few moments to see the blessings in your life. This will often bring a smile to your face and you will feel your body relaxing.

One of the things that I did years ago was to take the bills and instead of putting them in a "Bills Due" folder, I put them in a folder marked "Blessings." Sometimes I used to fret about the bills, now I see the folder and I think, "Oh, those are the blessings in my life" and I smile. Try it, it may take just a little stress out of your life.

No comments: