Sunday, April 18, 2010

Need More Energy?

One of the things that most of my patients complain of is fatigue or just not having enough energy. Yes there are medical problems that can cause this, but more often then not it is not a medical problem, but rather and eating problem.

One of the questions to ask yourself is what are you eating for breakfast? Not eating breakfast or just grabbing a quick cup of coffee? The body's natural metabolism is actually higher in the morning, so eating a good breakfast is essential. This will not make you gain weight.

Now when I say a good breakfast, I'm not talking about donuts or sugary cereal. I'm talking about something like a vegetable omelet or a protein fruit smoothie. Cut out the sugary and processed foods. I know that is the hardest thing to do.

Say to yourself that you love your fruits and vegetables!

No comments: