Monday, May 17, 2010

Blood Pressure

I've talked about exercise and blood pressure before, but here is a little different slant to it. A study out of Italy demonstrated that listening to rhythmic music such as classical, Celtic, or Indian for 30 minutes a day while concentrating on breathing was beneficial to lowering the blood pressure.

Interestingly enough, I have been doing a thing I call bounce and shake for weight loss. It follows along the lines of native American dancing. I don't have a problem with high blood pressure, but I feel confident now that I likely never will.

Back to the breathing part and music, try that as a way to unwind at the end of the day. Listen to a classical piece of music and meditate. The research indicates that the music helps you slow down and deepen your breathing.

No comments: