Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is This A Healthy Choice?

I was watching television, actually I just had it on in the hotel room. When I heard "Fruit Loops" was a healthy choice food. WHAT??? How could anyone say that? Don't they realize that this cereal is 41% sugar!! How can that be a healthy choice? Not to mention that fact that it contains processed flour and partially-hydrogenated vegetable oil.

I nearly fell out of the chair when I heard this. Then I heard this was being endorsed by Tuft's University. What I quickly realized is that just as the big pharmaceutical companies have the government in their pocket, so must the manufacture have Tuft's in its pocket. No one with a sound nutritional base could ever say this cereal was a "Healthy Choice". This has to be the food manufacturers creating yet another label to put on food to get consumers to buy it. What mother wuold not buy fruit loops if she thought it a "healthy choice". All I can say is consumers beware!!

No comments: