Friday, November 14, 2008

Creating Illness

Have you ever heard someone say that they didn't ask to get cancer or to have a heart attack? Most of us have had the thought that we didn't need to get his cold right now. So do we really create our illnesses?

I believe that we do. We have a lot to do with getting sick. We don't necessarily go around thinking that we will get cancer or have a heart attack, but we sabotage ourselves by getting into situations that the only thing our subconscious mind knows to do is to make us sick.

I was once in a job that was extremely stressful. I took a stand for my staff and myself between upper level management and the staff. I was in a position that I would not back down and I knew there was no way that I would quit. My subconscious mind heard the underlying message that it would take something drastic to remove me from this position. What developed was an illness that forced me to resign my position. At the time I did not believe that I had created the problem, but when I look back at it now. I know my subconscious created a way for me to get out.

No comments: