Monday, May 4, 2009

Best Diet Tips #4

My next best tip for weight loss is to get connected. If you can find a group that holds regular sessions, this will be most helpful for you. Studies have shown that the more group sessions a person attends, the weight they lost.

Get help from your family and friends to keep you motivated not only to lose the weight, but also to keep it off. There is nothing more detrimental to your plan, than a family member or friend who continually functions in a non-supportive way. These things may not be in the conscious mind of the person, but what they do or say makes it easier for you to fall away from your plan. An example of this, would be my husband, who was OK with me losing weight, but when he would cook, we would have a huge meal. I finally asked him to stop cooking for the army when there were only 2 of us and that I would dish up my own plate. Believe me, I cut a lot of calories just by eating less.

No comments: