Friday, May 22, 2009

Stevia Clarification

One my readers sent a response regarding stevia. I want to make sure that I was clear about stevia. You should read the label as always. You want to get pure stevia, not the blended stevia. Blended stevia's are stevia that is mixed or blended with sugar alcohols (erythritol). I am not a fan of this type of stevia.

There are basically 4 forms of stevia. First is the dried ground leaf form. This is a green powder. The second form is the dried whole leaf. Third is the liguid form of stevia. Be sure you read the labels on the liquid forms of stevia. Choose one that is in a vegetable glycerine solution. This is not the sugar alcohol (erythritol). The fourth form is stevia plus which is a powder form. In this form the stevia is combined with inulin, a carbohydrate.

I'll talk more tomorrow about inulin.

No comments: