Friday, February 13, 2009

Anti-Inflammatory Diet

I was reading an article yesterday about vasculitis and ran across the anti-inflammatory diet. This was pretty interesting to me.

The very first thing on the list was to eliminate cow's milk and cow's milk products and substitute other sources for calcium. We know there are lots better sources of calcium than cow's milk. See my September 23, 2008 posting. I won't go off on the milk tangent here, but suffice it to say that milk can promote inflammation within the body.

The second thing on the list is to eat more organic fruits and vegetables. Certainly this makes sense since fruits and vegetables increase antioxidants and decrease inflammation. The reason for organic is in my October 15, 2008 posting.

I'll give you two more components of the anti-inflammatory diet tomorrow.

No comments: