Monday, December 15, 2008

More on Vitamin E

I ran across another use of Vitamin E, and while I haven't tried it personally, I believe it couldn't hurt and it may just help. This new use (to me anyway) is to apply it topically on hemorrhoids. You can just puncture the capsule and put the contents on a gloved finger and rub into the hemorrhoids. This makes sense to me because I know how it effects the blood vessels which is essentially what hemorrhoids are.

You can also use this on burns. However, the first treatment is to cool the burn with cold water and or ice. The problem most of us have is that we think 30 seconds of cold is enough. It is not. The skin continues to burn, so you need to really cool it for at least an hour. Then you can take the vitamin E and gently rub it into the burned area. This is painless and will help the burn to heal quicker with less scarring.

No comments: