Thursday, April 9, 2009

#6 Healthy Habit

Yesterday I spoke about friends and how that helps keep your brain healthy. The next healthy habit is to do things that keep your brain functioning at a high level. Remember to exercise your mind with things like crossword puzzles, etc. It's the use it or lose it principle. You don't want to live to 100 if you don't know who is sitting next to you or where you are.

I have a 105 year old woman who is one of my patients. She is absolutely as sharp as they come. She actually knows more about current events than I do. Maybe that isn't saying a whole lot since I'm only in touch with what people tell me. This woman reads the paper cover to cover every day. When the election campaigns were happening, she knew which states voted for which candidates. She is very sharp, because she uses her brain every day and keeps it functioning at a high level.

No comments: